We love our pets and can’t live without them. Indian pet owners have fast evolved into pet parents, and we’re here to teach you about the finest care for your furry children: pet insurance coverage!
How does pet insurance work?
Pet insurance protects many animals’ health and welfare. Like dog health insurance, purchasing a policy for your pet is an excellent way to take care of them if they need medical care or other financial assistance.*
Vaccinations, tick treatments, grooming, etc., cost Rs. 10,000–Rs. 54,000 annually. If your pet needs professional care, vet fees and medical and surgical costs are the most expensive. Pet insurance for your dog provides the best medical and legal care in an emergency.*
What Justifies Pet Insurance?
Due to rising personal care, grooming, and medical costs, pet owners pay between Rs. 70,000 and Rs. 80,000 annually. Insurance for pets in India is progressing at a rapid rate due to its many benefits, including:
- Highly recommended: The insurance policy ensures the best care for your pets.
- Cost-effective: Your pet can be insured for many benefits, such as medical treatment, accidents, and in many cases even protection while travelling abroad, by paying only a modest cost! * ##
- Safety: Even when we’re watching, our pets sometimes hurt themselves. Your insurance may cover all medical expenses, helping avoid bankruptcy.*
- Additional Benefits: Your pet may receive special coverage for third-party damages or theft, depending on your insurer. *
In India, businesses offer a range of pet insurance policies that could become the main choice of pet owners concerning the care of their pets.
Age Requirements: 3 months to 7 years; 6 to 10 years for exit (depending on the pet’s size)
- Mortality Advantage
- Surgical Costs
- Third-Party Liability Insurance
- Theft/Loss/Straying Cover
Pet Insurance Types
Private insurers cover loss of life, overseas transit, third-party liabilities, pet theft or loss; dog show entrance fees and more. India has long-insured animals and livestock. Pet insurance plans include:
Dogs make up the majority of India’s 28–29 million pets. After the COVID-19 pandemic, more people turned to man’s best friend. Most pet insurance policies target dog owners who want to care for their pets.
All animals are beautiful, which may be why so many insurance companies have begun to provide advantages to people who keep cats as pets. If you own a cat, your pet cat insurance will safeguard your courageous kitty from all her daring falls and ensure its general well-being.*
Insurance for pets includes:
The variety of perks and premium costs vary depending on the insurer. The following could be benefits of the pet cover offered by the policy:
- Surgical costs
- Disease-Related loss of life
- Hospitalisation of dogs
- Stolen or lost by a dog
Insurance exclusions for pets:
The insurance company may not pay for medical bills in certain circumstances:
- Any surgical procedures not due to illness or accidents
- Congenital problems or surgeries to correct them
- Pregnancy-related or whelping-related surgeries
- Any cosmetic surgeries
- Any elective or cosmetic surgery unrelated to an injury
- Dental procedures not resulting from an accident or injury
How to Apply for Pet Insurance
Depending on the insurer, you can purchase pet insurance for animals between two months and ten years.
Canine insurance could be available for domestic, mixed-breed, and exotic breeds of dogs. Please be aware that the cost of the insurance plan will vary depending on the dog’s age, breed, and size. Be it pet insurance for your dog, cat, or any furry friend, it can be an important and greatly helpful step to take.
Several businesses now provide insurance for pets in India, including Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited.
* Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.’ For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘