Vice President, Assistant Controller | eFinancialCareers3 min read
Vice President, Assistant Controller
This position stories specifically to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Finance and Ameriprise Company Controller and will be dependable for top and directing the Monetary Accounting and Reporting capabilities of the organization, which includes all Business Unit controllership features, enterprise-broad technical accounting, regulatory reporting and SEC advisory/reporting. The purpose will also be intensely included in handling the relationships with external auditors and will offer direct assistance for interactions with the Ameriprise Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
– Delivers management and strategic direction for the Economical Accounting and Reporting perform, overseeing all accounting information and techniques for inside controls, making ready fiscal stories for administration and shareholders, supporting strategic and exclusive initiatives, and analysis/interpretation of actual benefits in conjunction with BU finance groups.
– Directs the execution of accounting insurance policies and develops operational strategies pertaining to technological accounting, regulatory reporting and controls more than accuracy and context of economical data.
– Advises and educates senior management within just finance and throughout the organization on intricate transactions, new accounting expectations, and impacts of regulatory policies to financial statements.
– Associates with inside/exterior auditors and regulators to guarantee powerful controls above economical reporting and regulatory prerequisites. Performs a lead part in handling the Ameriprise marriage with external auditors.
– Qualified prospects and directs Business enterprise Device Controllers that assist the Firm’s segment Lead Money Officers and Organization Device Heads. Includes assist for all aspects of transaction assessment accounting plan and specifications interpretation/prerequisites, improve management, controls more than monetary reporting, and company enhancement support.
– Manages compliance and reporting requirements with a variety of regulators, including the SEC, FINRA, Place of work of Controller Forex, and insurance plan regulators.
– 15+ years of pertinent accounting encounter that spans across reporting, technical accounting and business unit support.
– Shown history of serving as a proactive advisor to finance, enterprise teams, and senior leadership on accounting and reporting impacts of proposed transactions, accounting criteria, and company improvement assist.
– Solid foundation of GAAP knowledge that can be rapidly utilized across Ameriprise’s diverse business established.
– Potent communicator with heritage of synthesizing/speaking sophisticated troubles and creating solid associations with exterior auditors, and interior senior administration.
– Steady enhancement state of mind with a shown background of implementing enterprise course of action modifications and driving innovation.
– Executional emphasis, with a proven history of driving organizational improve and top the completion of advanced initiatives throughout an firm. Features that means to correctly inspire and direct a huge workforce of finance experts in an atmosphere of dynamic improve.
– Functionality to provide strategic and tactical thought management all over intricate accounting issues, like the capability to successfully body intricate concepts/cases to make them broadly comprehensible and actionable.
– Significant 4 audit agency working experience and/or meaningful accounting leadership experience in a fast- paced public enterprise.
– Bachelor’s degree and Qualified General public Accountant (energetic or inactive).
– Solid economic solutions background throughout the Insurance & Annuities, Banking and/or Broker Vendor industries is a as well as but not explicitly essential.